YiWu spring high mountain tea

This tea was also bought directly from local farmer of YiWu.
Their village is called GaoShanCun. GaoShan means high mountain.
These tree are around 100 years. These are still not called GuShu or old tree.

In my humble opinion, GuShu should be more than 300 years at least.
From 100 years to 300 years, we call that DaShu which means Big Tree.
From 70 years to 100 years, we call that ShengTai which means Organic Tree.
Till 70 year, we call that XiaoShu which means small tree or shrub.

This tea was definitely picked up in the spring of 2017. Now is November and near the end of 2017.
Thanks to the good storage condition, it is very dry.
The flavor is very near wood or dry wood and mixed with aroma like honey or flower.
In Chinese, I can directly call this flavor HuaMi Xiang which means flower and honey flavor.
Maybe the wood flavor is not because of storage condition or any other reason. Just because it
was stored dryly. So the stem has this smell.

At the same time, I also bought some autumn tea from LaoBanZhang and NaKa.
When I compare the two seasons' tea, I find even the LaoBanZhang is stronger in ChaQi,
But this YiWu tea is more obvious in content of tea leaf because of the season.
Definitely the best season in a year of puerh tea.
Even the best autumn tea contains more rain water than spring tea. This is decided by the local
climate and also the cost will be very different from seasons'.

Pure tea material, pure season, pure tea mountain is what I am after.
That will let you know what the character of every tea mountain and every season.
When you have experienced enough tea, you will have a whole image of puerh tea taste map.
That is the my target.

High fruity. It is like oil, I want to say. After 10 times' infusion, the density of the tea soup is like
still on the same level or near that. The density changes steep by steep, but it stays on a high level
after so many steeps thanks to the quantity of the leaves.
Bitterness withdraws very soon, and huigan comes fast and lasts long.

I stopped in the middle of this tea session just wanted to let the tea content to tell me what they
will change in my mouth. And glad to find the tea flavor went into the deep of my throat.
It is called houyun in Chinese mandarin. That feeling let your body feel joyful and completely enjoy
that.

But more than above words, the Chaqi is obvious. I remember the taste of pure spring tea of
LaoBanZhang Gushu which is not my tea because of the sky-high cost but once I had a chance to
taste that at local farmer's store. That tea was made by herself and sold on a high price of 3000 RMB/357g.
If I judge that tea from huigan and houyun or flavor, it can just get 3 stars which mean medium level.
But the Chaqi is so high and goes through your whole body from the stomach to your upper side
of head. On Chaqi LaoBanZhang spring tea can get 5 stars without any doubt.
Back to this tea, it can get more than 3 stars in Chaqi. That is the most important reason why I decided to
buy this maocha from this farmer.

Let me admit that, cost is always an important factor when I consider to buy tea material like maocha.
And directly buying from local farmer is a good method to keep the cost on a reasonable level.
Below is the tea leaves after first steep. The dry storage condition makes tea leaves contain very little
moisture. When the tea leaf accounted boiled water, it absorbed water and changes gradually but never could
back to jade green like fresh leaf.  That is also an good evidence of high quality tea, isn't that?

P.S
The location of GaoShan village also with some other famous villages of YiWu. (map source: 说茶网)


评论

此博客中的热门博文

14 Big puerh tea mountains in XiShuangBanNa YunNan China ( 2/2 )

The Big 3 Puerh Tea Areas in YunNan province.